|Y U NO Guy
Y U NO Guy (also known as "Y U NO [X]?") is an image macro series using SMS shorthands and carefree grammar as a way to bring someone’s attention on a particular subject or issue. The unique facial expression worn by stick-figure character is believed to have been traced from the Japanese sci-fi manga / anime series Gantz. The meme is also very popular on memegenerator. The phrase "Y U NO" is an internet or mobile phone slang which literally is shortened out to, "Why Don't You". It is possible that the person who published the picture may have invented the text or maybe it could be that the text phrase was used before its time.
The character’s facial expression, full of frustration, rage, and anger can be found in Gantz’ Chapter 55: Naked King (裸の王様 (hadaka no Osama), originally released in February 2002 and the English translation in June 2009 (Click here to see the image). Since the release of English translation, the Gantz image has been reportedly traced by fans and circulated around 4chan imageboards prior to its adaptation in the, “Y U NO” series. The first meme that was ever made originated from Tumblr, and the meme had gained over 10,000 reblogs. The "Y U NO" guy's background was light pink. The man said, "I TXT YOU!, Y U NO TXT BAK", which translates to, "I text you, why don't you text back". It is unknown who the publisher is or why they came up with the meme, but it still gained a lot of popularity among Internet users since then.
Since he become popular, several derivatives of the Y U NO Guy meme appeared on the internet. The guy can be seen dressed up as Batman, Joker, Pikachu, Mario, Arnold, and numerous other characters. There are also multiple versions of him expressing different emotions. There was one meme that had him wondering about something when he downloaded so many dirty pictures on the computer. When he wondered about it, he said "he's right" at the end of the comic.
Since the meme was popular, many people started to make their own jokes of the Y U NO Guy, featured on Meme Generator. The Y U NO guy has been drawn onto different characters. There was a heavy-weighted version of him in a meme that said his fast food intake does not make him faster. Other rage comic personalities were used in meme creation, including the "me gusta" face, "forever alone", the Trollface, and Derpina. Sometimes the meme features a left-facing version of him (because the source material is very easy to edit on computers and mobile devices). GIFs of the man can be seen online, with animated expressions and movements.
- The Y U NO guy was featured on Meme Generator and is very well known.
- When you enter your account's password incorrectly on Meme Generator, he would say, "Y U NO put correct details", and when you put too many details onto your account, he would say, "Y U NO have good details". It can sometimes appear in a glitch.
- The Y U NO Guy's face most likely resembles as the face from the character from the sci-fi manga comic Gantz when you see him complaining.
- The Y U NO Guy was featured in a YouTube video by Animeme called "Y U NO" that showed that him talking about MTV, Mrs. Beiber having S** with Justin Beiber, male stars on the computer, Rick Astley, and Applejacks not tasting like apples.
- In Y U NO 2 on YouTube, he was featured once again. He rants about potato chips not filling whole bag, 0.1% of germs, spicy food not liking him as much as his mouth, Fox News not having news about foxes, the Ghostbusters' phone number, and the Donkey Kong game not having donkeys in it.
- In Y U NO 2 on YouTube, at the end of the video, it reveals the voice actor is Brock Baker.
- On the Shakespeare version of the Y U NO guy, when you encounter him on the internet, he says, "y thou you talk normally" (instead of preferring to put Y U NO in every meme). This meme is referring to making Shakespeare talk normally and write "normally" in plays and books.
- Sometimes on Y U NO guy's memes, people would type something else besides saying "Y U NO" in everything. An example of this is, "U R Not alone my child" or "Y U little" (as seen on the Simpsons version of the meme along with the trollface).
- When looking for the Y U NO Guy's images online, there may be some pictures of Yuno Gasai from the anime show Future Diary (未来日記 (Mirai Nikki), which is not to be confused with the meme, because the name of the meme has separated letters rather than combined ones.
- The first meme's background was nothing like the current background; the first meme had a light pink background rather than the light navy blue background that can be seen in current versions.
- His eyes appears to be wall-eyed like Me Gusta, Derpina, LOL Guy, and Rage Guy..
- He is one of the meme characters that appears realistically detailed and is the only meme that was inspired from a manga comic book.
- On "ANIMEME 2 - This is Prada" on YouTube, when Y U NO Guy walks out of the escalator, he sees Victoria's Secrets at the mall and sarcastically says, "Victoria!, Y U NO Tell me secret!" in the video. Forever alone and Derpina also appear in the video.
- On "ANIMEME 3 - Rainbow Dash Clopping", Y U NO Guy appears after the Asian father meme and Y U NO Guy says, "Nicolas Cage!, Y U NO make good movies!".
- On "ANIMEME 6 - PSYBeam", after the scene when the comedy stand chicken performs a joke, Y U NO appears in the next scene and says, "Textbooks!, Y U NO have CTRL+F?" in the video.
- On "ANIMEME 26 - Mario's Wrecking Ball", when Y U NO watches Willis talking to a boy on TV, after the show is over, Y U NO says, "Willis, Y U NO tell me what your talking about!". He is referring to Willis' famous quote from the show.
memegenerator.com (some memes may have Y U NO Guy and can also be created)
knowyourmeme.com (for other information)
youtube.com (for animeme's video Y U NO & Y U NO 2)
google images (when you type Y U NO in it)
tumblr.com (for first one found)
Cheezeburger.com (some memes may have Y U NO Guy in it)